Thursday 26 November 2009

christmas card critisism

Hallo,

This evening I have spent about a million hours trying to do a suitable christmas card design. This is kind of mainly to send out as a promotional thing for our company [lolzomg company lolz] but I wanted to do one anyway, just to send to everyone...

HOWEVER, I've never been very confident with layout and composition of things. I need help. I know ONE person reads this but never mind, WHAT CAN I DO to make this better? It is meant to be a xmas office party scene. Dunno if you can tell...
Any advice? I think it's a bit cluttered but its late and my brain won't work and I am sick of doing it and I need to pack and blah blah...




ADVICE PLEASE.

iN OtHeR NeWs:
Project Robot Santa is going well....the main animation is done. Now we need to render and put stuff into maya and then make it all brilliant. Will try and get some work in progress clips up after the weekend. Actually i'll have a go at a quick render of the animation I did and try and put it on here tonight.

Going back to Newcastle a the weekend. Gonna mooch on down to electrik Sheep to see the opening of a Jon Burgerman exhibit. Should be fun...
Also get to see loads of friends I haven't seen in ages. :) Really looking forward to it. But I have to pack at 1.30am....bllahhhh...

lalala ok, Goodnight!

p.s: Have developed an obsession with Laika the first animal in space, after falling in love with this tune and video...

4 comments:

  1. I like it, specially the one on the chair.
    I've got one silly little idea which will probably be rubbish, but i'll say it anyway. I don't think it's cluttered enough - I would add some more festive things in it. I know x-mas tree is a very boring and overused, but how about adding a big pyramid (in a shape of christmas tree) made out of office things - paper boxes, laptops, staplers, some desk lamps and decorated with tinsels made out of paper clips and all that...
    So then all the little and big characters would have loads of fun round the office tree...
    No? Ok then, I knew it was rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha no i like it, more cluttered - might work! I do think it needs lots more xmassy things. I was meant to have the big one at the front holding a bit of mistletoe and drooling. I forgot all about it, think i'll add it now though.
    thanksss for the comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the look obviously, i would have said make it more office-y. all you have is a cabinet and chair. just look at offices in google image. water tanks, etc. anyways, im sure you'll make a great card anyways. also, party hats and thise blowy party things like in the midland!!! PARTY POPPERS

    ReplyDelete
  4. also i cant see the laika vid, what is it by the way i have a feeling id seen it.

    ReplyDelete